Sunday, September 28, 2014

Clandestine Sunrise, take 3.

Those who served:

Ivan
Malchyrntyne (Christian)
Caverick (second half)

---
Christian's POV:

I jumped in first and loaded up, taking my standard loadout that I then added a few essentials to, like some satchels and first aid.  I then started to wander towards the middle objective, which was the officer in the house.  Ivan joined in not too long after and we headed in.  I took an overwatch kind of role, where I’d hang back somewhat and scan the area with IR scopes, while Ivan was in the vanguard.  It worked incredibly well – I took out a number of roving targets, then when I came under fire from the beach, Ivan was able to flank around and take him out.  I then sniped the guards around the house and Ivan entered, going room to room and clearing the objective.

The fixed emplacement by the beach was next.  We approached cautiously, taking out a couple of targets in the compound from long range.  I began the approach to the objective but was taken down by one of the guards.  Ivan took him out, healed me up, then stood watch while I made my way into the compound.  I placed two satchels, retreated to Ivan’s position then set them off.  One lovely fireball later and the second objective was done!

Ivan and I then went overland to the ammo dump.  We settled on the same plan as previously – I worked my way further north, and Ivan attacked from the west.  There was a cluster of enemy around a vehicle, so Ivan took it and them out with a rocket.  That was my signal to open fire from my elevated position.  A few minutes later and all the targets were down.  We made our way into the compound and I took out the one remaining enemy that was hiding in a building.

This time there was no sudden explosion of the ammo dump, so Ivan and I rearmed.  At that point Cav joined back in and drove down to our position.  His arrival in the truck seemed to trigger something because that was when the ammo dump went up in a fireball!  Somehow Ivan and I were uninjured, despite being right where the dump was.  Perhaps a bug?  Who knows, but we were all alive, fully armed and ready to rock!
 --
Caverick's POV:
By the time I could get in, Christian and Ivan had taken out the first three objectives! Working as a single buddy team, they'd dispatched the Tigris tank, stormed the villa (obtaining the location of the HVT), and took on the ammo dump. By the time I ran to a vehicle, drove past a patrol and reached them, they'd taken out the stragglers and the ammo dump was ours.

Now that we knew the lie of the land, I hopped on a quad bike and sped off to take out the high value target on my own while Christian and Ivan headed to the city to meet our contact. 

I travelled quietly to a hill overlooking the officer's outpost, identified him in infra red and dispatched him with a single shot. I then withdrew and vanished before they could repl y- a perfect in/out sniping job. 

--
Christian's POV:
I jumped on a quad bike and headed off, skirting around to the south of the city.  I had just taken up a position south of the church when all hell broke loose in points west – there was red everywhere on the map and Cav and Ivan were in the middle.  We figured that with nothing to lose I’d make a run for the church and our contact.  I avoided (just) the roaming infantry and shilka, got the intel and prepared to bug out.  My plan was to backtrack and even if I didn’t find the quad bike again to make my way independently to the final objective.  Somehow I got out unscathed, and only had to take out one guard who was blocking my escape route.

--
Caverick's POV:
I sped down to regroup with the others and ran SMACK into an entire ARMY approaching the city! An absolutely enormous amount of infantry, supported by armour, was making its way along a main road into the city. A few bullets peppered a wall around me as I leaped off my bike, ducked into a house and grabbed floor. I continued to play it like a sniper, remaining silent and holding my breath, and the army passed around me.

Ivan and Christian had become separated. Christian was now cut off by the army, so he bravely entered the city alone while I RVed with Ivan. We headed down to the power plant and took up positions. Christian, meanwhile, had met with the contact and pulled out to the southwest. We met at the power station.
--
Christian's POV:
I made it to the power plant just as Cav and Ivan were going in.  I stayed on the eastern side as I knew there were a couple of guards over that way and wanted to make sure to take them out.  A couple of .408 rounds later and the eastern side was clear.  I made my way into the plant just in time for the charges to go off and for our objective to be completed!

--
Caverick's POV:
I showed Ivan where Greg and I had successfully assaulted the position before, and we hit the reds hard. We then sped in and tried to finish the job- I hit the power transformers with a rocket but had no success, and was almost nailed by the same soldier as last time! As I took cover Ivan took him out from behind, then blew the place.

We then found that our EP was WAY to the south west, across some salt plains. It was a long drive, so I suggested we reenter the city and risk all of our progress to steal the enemy helicopter. SPLAT was up to the challenge- we took out a couple of sentries, I jumped in and gunned the engine, and bullets started to hit the chopper as Ivan climbed in. We clawed for height and flew triumphantly down the coast to our base and victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment