Wednesday, September 25, 2013

2nd April 2013: Destroy the Bridge/Destroy Power Station


Mission: Destroy the Bridge



Those who served:
Caverick
Plancake
Ivan
Berklesnort
Dan
Malchyrntyne

Parachuting out of our C-130 over the ocean, we steered toward the coast and the distant glow of a campfire. This was our RV and supply point:



After gearing up, we crept along the road and engaged the enemy. A Tunguska forced us into the forest, and we did most of our fighting among the trees. Speznatz chased us in, and we had a difficult time holding them off. Once the armour was eliminated, however, we moved down to the coast, pushed the enemy out and satchelled the bridge.

This triggered a wave of reinforcements! I downed a Hind gunship that led the way:



But it was only the beginning. Dan and I took out a boatload of troops that pulled up to the beach, then armour drove us back into the trees for cover.
Once we had dispatched the tanks we moved in to mop up, and I finally hit something with a rifle grenade: a UAZ at long range. Mission won!




Mission: Destroy Power Station


Tasked with driving the enemy out of an entire city, we formed up into a convoy and moved out:



We passed a service station and were ambushed by a force from a village to the north. Once they were repulsed we moved ahead only to run into a roadblock with well dug in defences. Our advance was halted while we flanked and eliminated the threat. Dan and I then took the south flank to avoid the enemy getting behind us, while Richard, Christian and Greg pressed toward Electrozavodsk's train station.

It was furious, house-to-house fighting. The enemy were well dug in on rooftops, cranes and even the sea wall, catching us by surprise numerous times. Progress was slow, and just when we thought the tide was turning the enemy were reinforced by a tank!

After some careful teamwork we destroyed the tank and discovered a warehouse full of vehicles. These we scheduled for demolition, and pressed on:



We took the train station, and attempted to press east when we encountered another strong enemy force. I was taken out but my assailant was expertly flanked and surprised by Richard:



I then pushed forward into the town centre, and discovered massacred civilians in front of the church! Among them was an insurgent playing possum who took me out. Greg came to my aid, reviving me and then holding off troops as I regained my feet:



We took out the perpetrators of the atrocity:



Then entered the church to find hostages. Unfortunately when I stopped to take a picture of them, another insurgent hiding in the church killed two before we could KIA him:



We freed the hostages, but a heavy wave of reinforcements was coming in hot!
Leading the charge was an Mi-8 Hip helo. I was ready, and hit it with a missile, but not before it dropped paratroopers on the town. To make matters worse, it was followed by a gunship!



The gunship started plastering us with rockets as enemy tanks began to roll into town. I had to get the hostages out of there! I ordered them into a truck and floored it along the highway, drawing the attention of the gunship. Rockets exploded either side of my fleeing truck, movie-style, as I sped west to our base.
I screeched around a building and ran smack into a large force of the enemy who had come in behind us and retaken the roadblock! The hostages and I were cut to ribbons.

Respawning at the train station, I rushed back to the town centre. Picking my way house to house, I found some enemy gunmen in a neat row and cut them all down. When I then saw the line of hostages, I realised they had been a firing squad, and had perpetrated another atrocity:



By now the armour and troops had pushed us out of the town. Greg and I were cut off and behind the lines. We frantically dodged around corners, watching each others backs. Twice I was able to recover AT weapons from bodies and hit their vehicles, twice I almost stepped on enemy soldiers, once I fluked a long range shot while wounded and wobbly, and Greg and I were almost taken out by a guy that jumped out behind us:



Just when it looked like our luck had run out, there was a roar of engines and the enemy tanks exploded. Richard and Dan rolled into town with a large contingent of AI- the cavalry had saved the day!



We then pressed the attack on the power station:



And then blew it up. Dan set off his charges then ran in as Richard set off his:


Greg and I then mopped up a couple of stragglers, and mission won!


No comments:

Post a Comment